14 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine which asks what book we're most looking forward to.

Publishing date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: Farrar, Strauss, and Giroux

After seventeen-year-old Felicita’s dearest friend Ilven kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven's death has called out of the sea a dangerous wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg's caste system, and the whole city along with it.

Do I really need to explain why I want this one? I don't understand how vampires fit into story, but I don't care and still want it. I love dark stories and this one sounds right up my alley!

What are you waiting for??

5 comments :

  1. Ooooooh that cover looks so creepy! I've never heard of this one before but it sounds interesting. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love arranged marriage escapees. It makes their real romance that much more steamy.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book but I love it's cover and premise. Another book to add to my growing TBR list. Great pick :)

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit
    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book has been on my radar too. Great pick.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.